-   -   SUMIF with only one criteria cell within range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2029-sumif-only-one-criteria-cell-within-range.html)

Stan

SUMIF with only one criteria cell within range

I need to use SUMIF to calculate a subtotal of column B based on the criteria
of column A. The problem is, the column A has names of group in every 10th
cell or so, and column B has many repeated numbers which could vary month to
month.

Example)
Col A Col B
group A a

group B a

I need subtotals for group A & B, even when group A has "d" listed in Col. B
in other months.
Please help. Thanks.

Stan

Frank Kabel

Hi
it would be much easier if you could fill column A completely with the group
name. Could you change this layout?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Stan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I need to use SUMIF to calculate a subtotal of column B based on the
criteria
of column A. The problem is, the column A has names of group in every 10th
cell or so, and column B has many repeated numbers which could vary month
month.

Example)
Col A Col B
group A a

group B a

I need subtotals for group A & B, even when group A has "d" listed in Col.
in other months.
Please help. Thanks.

Stan

Stan

Frank,
Unfortunately, the downloaded schedule is coming from other division,
straight from the G/L. Besides, we usually have over 1500 rows of data. I was
hoping to find a formula (not a macro) instead of fill-in blanks cells in Col
A.

Stan

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

if you like email me a sample file and I'll create some formulas for this

--

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Frank.

Maybe I'm missing something, but can I have your email address?

Stan

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Debra Dalgleish

There are some quick techniques for filling blank cells he

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

Or, add a column, and calculate the group there.
For example, in cell C1, enter: =IF(A2<"",A2,C1)
Copy the formula down to the last row of data.
Use the new column in your subtotal formula.

Stan wrote:
I need to use SUMIF to calculate a subtotal of column B based on the criteria
of column A. The problem is, the column A has names of group in every 10th
cell or so, and column B has many repeated numbers which could vary month to
month.

Example)
Col A Col B
group A a

group B a

I need subtotals for group A & B, even when group A has "d" listed in Col. B
in other months.
Please help. Thanks.

Stan

--