-   -   Excel rejects XSD from Visual Studio DataSet Designer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/202759-excel-rejects-xsd-visual-studio-dataset-designer.html)

Rico

Excel rejects XSD from Visual Studio DataSet Designer

Excel 2003 & 2007, Visual Studio Team System 2008 SP1

Excel is supposed to be able to read XSD files and if the user maps the XSD
to a workbook they should be able to read and write XML data as defined by
the XSD.

Visual Studio has a DSL called the DataSet designer which creates XSD files
along with strongly typed classes to represent them.

Make a simple table in the Dataset Designer that contains one column, Excel
can read the XSD (and data in XML file) but it can not export the data.

How do I get data conforming to my XSD in and out of Excel, I have posted
this question to several groups without a reply.

Thank you.