-   -   Missing sort ascending or descending when go into "data" "sort"? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/202713-missing-sort-ascending-descending-when-go-into-data-sort.html)

Jason

Missing sort ascending or descending when go into "data" "sort"?

When I go into "data" "sort" I do not have the option of sorting into
ascending or descending? Any idea how I add or find this function?

Jim Thomlinson

Missing sort ascending or descending when go into "data" "sort"?

Is the worksheet protected? Unless Allow Sorting was selected when the sheet
was protected you will not have the option to sort.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jason" wrote:

When I go into "data" "sort" I do not have the option of sorting into
ascending or descending? Any idea how I add or find this function?

Dave Peterson

Missing sort ascending or descending when go into "data" "sort"?

What do you see when you click on Data|Sort?

Jason wrote:

When I go into "data" "sort" I do not have the option of sorting into
ascending or descending? Any idea how I add or find this function?

--

Dave Peterson

Jason

Missing sort ascending or descending when go into "data" "sort

Hi
Apologies it is when I am using filter that the ascending/descending is not
present.

When I have highlighted a column with auto-filter I have the option of "top
10" "custom" or the entries in cells but I cannot sort in any way

Jason wrote:

When I go into "data" "sort" I do not have the option of sorting into
ascending or descending? Any idea how I add or find this function?

--

Dave Peterson

Jason

Missing sort ascending or descending when go into "data" "sort

Hi

Meant to say that it is when using auto filter - I have tried opening a new
spreadsheet and entering a few numbers and there is still no ascend/descend?
It only appears to be my computer - same spreadsheet on colleagues computer
will allow the function!

Thanks

"Jason" wrote:

When I go into "data" "sort" I do not have the option of sorting into
ascending or descending? Any idea how I add or find this function?

Dave Peterson

Missing sort ascending or descending when go into "data" "sort

You're using multiple versions of excel. The older version (at home???) doesn't
have that feature. The newer version (at work???) has it.