-   -   Selected cells show up as very light gray? Can I darken? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/202204-selected-cells-show-up-very-light-gray-can-i-darken.html)

Louise

Selected cells show up as very light gray? Can I darken?

Excel 2007 - When I drag the mouse across the cells I select, they appear in
a very light shade of gray - as opposed to the way they showed up in 2003 in
a darker gray? Can I darken the default of the selection color without
touching the contrast buttons on my monitor? Don't want to change contrast
as it negatively affects other
programs.

ShaneDevenshire

Selected cells show up as very light gray? Can I darken?

Hi Louise,

This is a well known problem, but there is no good solution in Excel. You
can modify Window's display settings and I have heard that there may be an
add-in to correct this problem out there, but I don't know where.

If misery loves company, let me assure you, you are not alone!
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire