-   -   Does excel keep temporary versions of previouse workbooks once i s (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/202143-does-excel-keep-temporary-versions-previouse-workbooks-once-i-s.html)

Pauld

Does excel keep temporary versions of previouse workbooks once i s

I inadvertantly saved a workbook and lost changes I intended to keep. As
long as I haven't closed the application, is there a temporary file that
keeps those previous versions of the workbook?

Gord Dibben

Does excel keep temporary versions of previouse workbooks once i s

If you have Autorecovery enabled and you have not closed out Excel, go to

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

Look for any ~arxxxxx.XAR files with a recent date/time.

Double-click to open.

One of them could be a copy of the file before saving.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP