-   -   Formula for CF to color current month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/202089-formula-cf-color-current-month.html)

computexcel

Formula for CF to color current month

My extense worksheet of DATES need to color RED the cell that has the date of
the current month( ex.. 9/2/8, 9/10/8, 930/8 ), and will change accordinly to
each month.
I guess using a formula in conditional formatting, but I have not been able
to figure it out after trying diferent formulas. Open for formulas. Thanks.

Dave Peterson

Formula for CF to color current month

Select your range to format

I selected A:E and with A1 the activecell:

Formula is:
=text(a1,"yyyymm")=text(today(),"yyyymm")

This checks both year and month.

If you only cared about the month:
Formula is:
=month(a1)=month(today())