-   -   rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/202078-rows.html)

Emma

rows

I only want say 200 rows to show on my sheet but don't want to hide the rest
of them. How do I limit the number of rows that are on a sheet. Thanks!!

Bob Phillips[_3_]

rows

Just hide them, FormatRowHide

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Emma" wrote in message
I only want say 200 rows to show on my sheet but don't want to hide the
rest
of them. How do I limit the number of rows that are on a sheet. Thanks!!

Ken Johnson

rows

"Emma" wrote in message

I only want say 200 rows to show on my sheet but don't want to hide the
rest
of them. *How do I limit the number of rows that are on a sheet. *Thanks!!

If you really really don't want to hide the rows beyond the 200th you
could set the sheet's ScrollArea property to $1:$200 by right clicking
the sheet tab, selecting "View Code" from the pop up menu to get into
the VB Editor, changing the sheet's ScrollArea to $1:$200 in it's
Properties Window (If Properties Window is not visible then press F4),
exiting the VB Editor (Alt+F11).

Ken Johnson

Gord Dibben

rows

But the ScrollArea won't stick between sessions so you really have to add
event code to make it stick.

Either workbook_open or sheet_activate code.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:M200"
End Sub

Or this in the Thisworkbook module to limit scrollarea on all sheets.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
With ActiveSheet
.ScrollArea = "A1:M200"
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Emma" wrote in message

I only want say 200 rows to show on my sheet but don't want to hide the
rest
of them. *How do I limit the number of rows that are on a sheet. *Thanks!!

If you really really don't want to hide the rows beyond the 200th you
could set the sheet's ScrollArea property to $1:$200 by right clicking
the sheet tab, selecting "View Code" from the pop up menu to get into
the VB Editor, changing the sheet's ScrollArea to $1:$200 in it's
Properties Window (If Properties Window is not visible then press F4),
exiting the VB Editor (Alt+F11).

Ken Johnson

Oops! I forgot about that.
Thanks Gord.