-   -   Conditional Formatting an entire row based on one cell's value. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/201872-conditional-formatting-entire-row-based-one-cells-value.html)

carmen

Conditional Formatting an entire row based on one cell's value.

I want the rows of my spreadsheet to be a certain color, based on one
column's values, for example, if column B contains the text, "Carmen", I want
the whole row to be green. If column B contains the text "Agnes", I want the
row to be yellow. Please help!?

Gaurav[_3_]

Conditional Formatting an entire row based on one cell's value.

1. Select your row. for example B2:Z2

2. Go to Format | Conditional Formatting

3. in the first drop down select FORMULA IS

4. in the second box enter =$B2="carmen"

5. Click format | pattern tab | select the color | press OK

6. Now click on ADD

7. Repeat step 3, 4 and 5 (change "carmen" to "Agnes" in step 4)

8. Press OK

9. Copy the row.

10. Select all the columns and rows (entire data range)

11. Right click | Paste Special | Values | OK

hope that helps.

"Carmen" wrote in message
I want the rows of my spreadsheet to be a certain color, based on one
column's values, for example, if column B contains the text, "Carmen", I
want
the whole row to be green. If column B contains the text "Agnes", I want
the
row to be yellow. Please help!?

Gaurav[_3_]

Conditional Formatting an entire row based on one cell's value.

Correction : Step 11

Right click | Paste Special | Format | OK

Thanks

"Carmen" wrote in message
I want the rows of my spreadsheet to be a certain color, based on one
column's values, for example, if column B contains the text, "Carmen", I
want
the whole row to be green. If column B contains the text "Agnes", I want
the
row to be yellow. Please help!?

carmen

Conditional Formatting an entire row based on one cell's value

Thank you so much for the help, very easy to follow your directions!

"Carmen" wrote in message
I want the rows of my spreadsheet to be a certain color, based on one
column's values, for example, if column B contains the text, "Carmen", I
want
the whole row to be green. If column B contains the text "Agnes", I want
the
row to be yellow. Please help!?

Gaurav[_3_]

Conditional Formatting an entire row based on one cell's value

I'm glad I could help. Thanks for the feedback.