-   -   Cell References Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/201698-cell-references-format.html)

Jesse

Cell References Format

I am used to working with Excel when the columns are referenced as letters
(A,B,C) and the rows referenced as numbers (1,2,3). However, some of the
files I have been working with lately are showing numbers for the rows AND
the columns. Therefore, the cell reference in a formula for cell "A1" is now
"R[-18]C[-3]".
What is this? How do I switch my files back to the "A1" format?

Thanks!

Max

Cell References Format

Click Tools Options General tab
Uncheck R1C1 Reference Style OK
--
Max
Singapore
"Jesse" wrote:
I am used to working with Excel when the columns are referenced as letters
(A,B,C) and the rows referenced as numbers (1,2,3). However, some of the
files I have been working with lately are showing numbers for the rows AND
the columns. Therefore, the cell reference in a formula for cell "A1" is now
"R[-18]C[-3]".
What is this? How do I switch my files back to the "A1" format?

Thanks!

Chip Pearson

Cell References Format

Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, and then the General tab. There,
uncheck the R1C1 Reference item.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson