-   -   related cells in same ecel workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/201625-related-cells-same-ecel-workbook.html)

doorman

related cells in same ecel workbook

at work when a process is complete I colour in the cell as a quick visual
reference, how do I get a related cell in the same work book to automatically
fill with colour

Dave Peterson

related cells in same ecel workbook

Formulas retrieve values--not formats, so that's out.

There's no even that fires when you change the format of the cell. So you can't
rely on that.

You could use the worksheet_selectionchange event and format the related cell
after the next selection change.

Or maybe you could use a macro that colors both cells at once.

Or if you're lucky, you could use format|Conditional formatting for both cells.

--

Dave Peterson