-   -   LOOKUP Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/201468-lookup-problem.html)

Bliss

LOOKUP Problem

I need to use a LOOKUP on the output of a previous LOOKUP, which means my
first LOOKUP output needs to be sorted. Since I am creating an application
for use from others, is there a way to autosort the output of a LOOKUP so it
can be "LOOKUP'ed again?"

Kevin B

LOOKUP Problem

The VLOOKUP function has an optional Range_Lookup setting that defaults to
TRUE if left blank. When set to TRUE the lookup peforms an approximate
match, which means it looks for the first occurrence of a likely candidate.

Example: VLOOKUP(Value, LookupTable,ColumnIndex,[Range_Lookup])

If you set the Range_Lookup option to FALSE it returns an exact match only.
Setting the optional argument to FALSE will eliminate the need to sort your
lookupd data.

--
Kevin Backmann

"Bliss" wrote:

I need to use a LOOKUP on the output of a previous LOOKUP, which means my
first LOOKUP output needs to be sorted. Since I am creating an application
for use from others, is there a way to autosort the output of a LOOKUP so it
can be "LOOKUP'ed again?"

timmiedel

LOOKUP Problem

Have you thought of using INDEX with a MATCH function? For me, the
INDEX-MATCH has replaced the VLOOKUP.

Tim