-   -   How do I open a spreadsheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/201444-how-do-i-open-spreadsheet.html)

pleasehelp

How do I open a spreadsheet?

Instead of opening directly by clicking on it, I get a blank blue screen
headed Microsoft Excel and Ready in the bottom left. I then have to go to
file, Open and scroll through to find the spreadsheet file again and when I
click it it opens. What has happened?

Gary''s Student

How do I open a spreadsheet?

Try:

Tools Options General Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200802

"Pleasehelp" wrote:

Instead of opening directly by clicking on it, I get a blank blue screen
headed Microsoft Excel and Ready in the bottom left. I then have to go to
file, Open and scroll through to find the spreadsheet file again and when I
click it it opens. What has happened?

If I click tools, the Options option is greyed out so cannot open it.

Kevin B

How do I open a spreadsheet?

After opening Excel open a workbook, either existing or a new blank one.
Then follow the directions that Gary"s Student suggested.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Pleasehelp" wrote:

"Pleasehelp" wrote:

Instead of opening directly by clicking on it, I get a blank blue screen
headed Microsoft Excel and Ready in the bottom left. I then have to go to
file, Open and scroll through to find the spreadsheet file again and when I
click it it opens. What has happened?

If I click tools, the Options option is greyed out so cannot open it.

pleasehelp

How do I open a spreadsheet?

Thanks for the help. It was driving me crazy.

"Pleasehelp" wrote:

Instead of opening directly by clicking on it, I get a blank blue screen
headed Microsoft Excel and Ready in the bottom left. I then have to go to
file, Open and scroll through to find the spreadsheet file again and when I
click it it opens. What has happened?

pleasehelp

How do I open a spreadsheet?

Thanks guys, it works fine now. you saved me a lot of aggro.

"Pleasehelp" wrote:

"Pleasehelp" wrote:

Instead of opening directly by clicking on it, I get a blank blue screen
headed Microsoft Excel and Ready in the bottom left. I then have to go to
file, Open and scroll through to find the spreadsheet file again and when I
click it it opens. What has happened?

If I click tools, the Options option is greyed out so cannot open it.

How do I open a spreadsheet?

This works fine if you have 2003 but 2007 does not give you the menu of
tools- options ignore other applications.