-   -   Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/201176-linking-excel.html)

cjohnson

Linking in Excel

I have several worksheets that are linked. I have 12 that populate data on
another (main one). When I open the main one, I am getting a #VALUE message.
Why would I have to open all 12 other worksheets before the data shows up
correctly?

Jim Thomlinson

Linking in Excel

Some formulas do not work with closed spreadsheets... Let us know which
formulas are not working and perhaps we can give you a workaround...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"cjohnson" wrote:

I have several worksheets that are linked. I have 12 that populate data on
another (main one). When I open the main one, I am getting a #VALUE message.
Why would I have to open all 12 other worksheets before the data shows up
correctly?

cjohnson

Linking in Excel

'[DAILY RECEIPTS RECORD-08-2008.xls]04'!$D$64+SUMIF('[DAILY RECEIPTS
RECORD-08-2008.xls]04'!$C$5:$C$55,"M",'[DAILY RECEIPTS
RECORD-08-2008.xls]04'!$D$5:$D$55)