-   -   What do I use to reference the same cell in multiple formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/200773-what-do-i-use-reference-same-cell-multiple-formulas.html)

Tammy

What do I use to reference the same cell in multiple formulas

I am trying to set up a formula where I will need to use for expample D3 in
all formulas, is there a way I can keep that in each formula without having
to enter it each time when I copy the formulas?

Thanks

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

What do I use to reference the same cell in multiple formulas

Use

$D$3

Peo Sjoblom

"Tammy" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a formula where I will need to use for expample D3 in
all formulas, is there a way I can keep that in each formula without
having
to enter it each time when I copy the formulas?

Thanks

JLatham

What do I use to reference the same cell in multiple formulas

Reference it in absolute terms: $D$3
that way it won't change as you fill/copy the formula to other cells.

You may also want to look into using Named Ranges - see Excel Help on the
topic. That allows you to give a name to a cell and use that name in
formulas without having to worry where the cell is. Lets say that your
formula contains the sales tax rate in your area. You could name cell D3
SalesTax and then in your formula you could use SalesTax instead of $D$3.