-   -   How to set a conditional format that is dependent on cell type (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/200716-how-set-conditional-format-dependent-cell-type.html)

Phil Chamberlin

How to set a conditional format that is dependent on cell type

I have a worksheet that I perform a subtotal on using the subtotal wizard in
the Data toolset. The wizard inserts a row and the subtotal formula based on
the criteria entered. Therefore, the preceding cells (non-uniform range) are
values and the inserted row is a formula. I would like to bold the inserted
cells (the ones with the Subtotal formula).

Bob Phillips[_3_]

How to set a conditional format that is dependent on cell type

You could use conditional formatting with a formula that tests for Total

=ISNUMBER(SEARCH("total",A7))

as an example

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Phil Chamberlin" <Phil wrote in
message ...
I have a worksheet that I perform a subtotal on using the subtotal wizard
in
the Data toolset. The wizard inserts a row and the subtotal formula based
on
the criteria entered. Therefore, the preceding cells (non-uniform range)
are
values and the inserted row is a formula. I would like to bold the
inserted
cells (the ones with the Subtotal formula).

Phil Chamberlin[_2_]

How to set a conditional format that is dependent on cell type

Bob,

Thank you very much! This is a great suggestion and works just like I want
it too.

Phil