-   -   How do i compack the excel workbook ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/200698-how-do-i-compack-excel-workbook.html)

tom

How do i compack the excel workbook ?

Does the excel sheet likes access can be compact the file size ?

Bob I

How do i compack the excel workbook ?

No.

Tom wrote:

Does the excel sheet likes access can be compact the file size ?

JLatham

How do i compack the excel workbook ?

Excel doesn't have the Compact feature like Access does, but sometimes it
seems to need one.

Your file can grow quite large during use if you add lots of information to
one or more sheets in it and then delete the information without actually
deleting the rows and/or columns that it occupied. You can end up with what
looks like a relatively empty workbook that occupies megabytes of
memory/drive space.

Debra Delgleish has some helpful information on reducing the size of files
in those kinds of situations. See
that has the seemingly unrelated title of
Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?
but it is spot on about this issue.