-   -   Want to make formula automatically figure out cell number in the r (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/200648-want-make-formula-automatically-figure-out-cell-number-r.html)

Daveb716

Want to make formula automatically figure out cell number in the r

example (this would be in column f)
=SUM(c1*1230+(d1*234)+(e2*567)

ok for each row I am having to input each cell number. Is there a way to
make it so that the formula in column f would know to use the numbers in
C,D,E to do the formula in column F Row X

Roger Govier[_3_]

Want to make formula automatically figure out cell number in the r

Hi Dave

you don't need the SUM( )
just
=(c1*1230)+(d1*234)+(e2*567)
will suffice.
Strictly speaking, you don't need any of the parentheses, as multiplication
takes precedence over addition in the formula, but it often helps, so you
can see clearly what you have written.

As you copy the formula down through column F, the row number will
automatically increase to become
=(c2*1230)+(d2*234)+(e3*567)
etc.

--