-   -   Lost Microsoft data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/200609-lost-microsoft-data.html)

Doug

Lost Microsoft data

I had copied my information onto a CD. When I went to reinstall it, the
error message says The drive or network connection that the "Shortcut to
Book 1 Ink. refers to is unavailable. Make sure the disk is inserted or the
network resource is available. Are my documents lost forever????

Dave Peterson

Lost Microsoft data

It sounds like you copied the shortcut to the CD--not the actual excel workbook
itself.

Can you go back to the original source and get another copy?

--

Dave Peterson