Example Spreadhseet

1 2 3 4

12 42 45 3
12 78 78 0
12 1234 2345 1111
13 3 5 2
14 1 6 5
14 2 2 4

Here is a sample of my sheet; in column 1 are policy lists sorted
numerically. In column 2 there are a lists of actual prices, and column 3
contains standar prices. Column 4 contains the difference between column 2
and 3. As you can see from column 1 there are several policies that have
duplicates.

I'm looking for a way to group the duplicates in column 1 to get the sum of
the differences in column 4?

--
Kevin

Jim Rech

SUM

One way is to use Data, Subtotals. Select the data range first including
column headers which you should add if you don't have them.

For each change in the first column you should sum the fourth (in your
example).

--
Jim
"kevin2222222" wrote in message
| Example Spreadhseet
|
| 1 2 3 4
|
| 12 42 45 3
| 12 78 78 0
| 12 1234 2345 1111
| 13 3 5 2
| 14 1 6 5
| 14 2 2 4
|

| Here is a sample of my sheet; in column 1 are policy lists sorted
| numerically. In column 2 there are a lists of actual prices, and column 3
| contains standar prices. Column 4 contains the difference between column
2
| and 3. As you can see from column 1 there are several policies that have
| duplicates.
|
| I'm looking for a way to group the duplicates in column 1 to get the sum
of
| the differences in column 4?
|
| --
| Kevin