-   -   shade rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/20030-shade-rows.html)

Manohar

shade rows

I have lots of data in continuous rows, it is difficult to follow accross
when reading each row on a print out. How do I shade alternate rows in excell
so every line looks separated without manually shading each row?

Duke Carey

use conditional formatting

highlight the entire data set, choose Conditonal formatting from the format
menu, choose Formula and set it equal to

=mod(row(),2)=1

then click the format button and choose a Pattern that shades every other
row the way you want

Duke

"Manohar" wrote:

I have lots of data in continuous rows, it is difficult to follow accross
when reading each row on a print out. How do I shade alternate rows in excell
so every line looks separated without manually shading each row?

I have lots of data in continuous rows, it is difficult

to follow accross
when reading each row on a print out. How do I shade

alternate rows in excell
so every line looks separated without manually shading

each row?
.
Try shading a couple, highlight them, copy, highlight the

rest of the rows to shade, then right click, paste
special, format only.