-   -   Reserving Excel documents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/20019-reserving-excel-documents.html)

Jen

Reserving Excel documents

How does a person "reserve" documents to where a password is required in
order to change data? I used to know this....

JulieD

Hi Jen

there's basically three ways you can put a password on an excel document
1) to open it (file / save as / click tools - general options - password ...
this allows you to set a password to open and / or a password to modify)
2) password protection set on a sheet by sheet basis (tools / protection /
protect sheet) ... this allows you to limit the cells the people can change
(need to "unlock" the cells you want them to get to first - format / cells /
protection - untick locked)
3) password protect the structure of the workbook (tools/ protection /
protect workbook) this stops them inserting or deleting or renaming sheets

hope this helps
cheers
JulieD

"Jen" wrote in message
How does a person "reserve" documents to where a password is required in
order to change data? I used to know this....

Jen

Thank you!!

"Jen" wrote in message
How does a person "reserve" documents to where a password is required in
order to change data? I used to know this....

JulieD

you're welcome

"Jen" wrote in message
Thank you!!