-   -   Excel crashes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/200008-excel-crashes.html)

Dudely

Excel crashes

I'm using Excel 2000 under Windows XP Pro. I recently wrote some VBA
code, and had it mostly working when Excel started to first hang - and
then crash. Now it crashes everytime I bring up this particular
workbook.

I get as far as Enable or Disable macros. Upon choosing one or the
other (it doesn't matter which I choose) Excel immediately crashes.

I run AVG and Superantispyware (free versions) around the clock. I
ran superantispyware scan, spyware blaster, ad aware and anti-
malware. While they each found a couple of things, I cleaned them out
and Excel is still crashing.

Excel ONLY crashes when I bring up this one specific workbook. Being
as how I worked on the VBA code all week and it's something I really
need, I'd prefer not to have to re-write it all.

It's only 98 KB. I have no add-ins. I deleted the one .xlb file I
found, it was 8 KB.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance