-   -   number input error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/199993-number-input-error.html)

Mick

number input error

All of a sudden whenever I input a number in any workbook in any column that
number is 100th of the input number. e.g. if I input 6 the number shown is
0.06, if 60 it shows 0.6. I have tried formatting the columns but it does not
help to change this effect. It applies to all work books even those unopened
for a few months

David Biddulph[_2_]

number input error

Tools/ Options/ Edit
Uncheck "Fixed decimal places"
--
David Biddulph

"Mick" wrote in message
All of a sudden whenever I input a number in any workbook in any column
that
number is 100th of the input number. e.g. if I input 6 the number shown is
0.06, if 60 it shows 0.6. I have tried formatting the columns but it does
not
help to change this effect. It applies to all work books even those
unopened
for a few months

Ron Rosenfeld

number input error

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 02:32:00 -0700, Mick
wrote:

All of a sudden whenever I input a number in any workbook in any column that
number is 100th of the input number. e.g. if I input 6 the number shown is
0.06, if 60 it shows 0.6. I have tried formatting the columns but it does not
help to change this effect. It applies to all work books even those unopened
for a few months

Tools/Options On one of the tabs you will see an option to automatically
insert a decimal point -- clear that.

In 2007, check under the Office Button/ Excel Options
--ron