-   -   Dynamic Range including some blank rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/199823-dynamic-range-including-some-blank-rows.html)

atryon

Dynamic Range including some blank rows

I am trying to find the last non-blank cell in a range that also contains
blanks. The data is a list of data with the corresponding date, but there
will be blanks for days which are a Sunday or Holiday. The range increases
every day, but I don't want to base the list on the day's relation to today
because if someone is opening an older file it will not calculate correctly.
An example is:

8/1 XX
8/2 XX
8/3
8/4 XX
8/5 XX
8/6
8/7
8/8
8/31
<Summary data

I want the system to pickup that 8/5 contains the last row of data in the
range. I've been scratching my head over the formula for days without
success. Any help would be appreciated.

Don Guillett

Dynamic Range including some blank rows

Assuming text (x or whatever) ,trying to match a non possible letter will
find the last row
=MATCH("ZZZZZZ",b:b)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"atryon" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you. That did the trick. I was overcomplicating the matter and trying
all sorts of weird formulas.