-   -   Removing Tax Component (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/199776-removing-tax-component.html)

Browny

Removing Tax Component

I wish to remove the tax component (10%) from an invoiced amount.
I can do it in two steps, but i'd like it done in one.
i.e A1 B1
$120.00 $109.09
Browny

David Biddulph[_2_]

Removing Tax Component

Is there any reason not to use =A1/(1+10%) ?
--
David Biddulph

"Browny" wrote in message
I wish to remove the tax component (10%) from an invoiced amount.
I can do it in two steps, but i'd like it done in one.
i.e A1 B1
$120.00 $109.09
Browny

Sheeloo

Removing Tax Component

In B1 enter the formula =A1/(1+r/100) whre r is the rate of tax (r =10 if tax
rate is 10%)

"Browny" wrote:

I wish to remove the tax component (10%) from an invoiced amount.
I can do it in two steps, but i'd like it done in one.
i.e A1 B1
$120.00 $109.09
Browny

Browny

Removing Tax Component

Thanks Guys
They work
i worked it out and used. =(A1-(A1/11)
--
Browny

"Browny" wrote:

I wish to remove the tax component (10%) from an invoiced amount.
I can do it in two steps, but i'd like it done in one.
i.e A1 B1
$120.00 $109.09
Browny

Bob Phillips[_3_]