-   -   How do I find the original price? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/199739-how-do-i-find-original-price.html)

SRedford

How do I find the original price?

If I have the discounted price and the discount percentage that that price
represents, what formula do I use to find out what the original price is?

For example:

The discounted price is $24.23
The discount percentage-from-list that $24.23 represents is 51%
What is the list price?

Thanks!

Sheeloo

How do I find the original price?

original price = discounted price/ discount rate

in the case cited by you original price would be 24.23/0.51 which is 47.51.
You will have to take care of rounding errors.
"SRedford" wrote:

If I have the discounted price and the discount percentage that that price
represents, what formula do I use to find out what the original price is?

For example:

The discounted price is $24.23
The discount percentage-from-list that $24.23 represents is 51%
What is the list price?

Thanks!

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

How do I find the original price?

=24.23/(1-51%)

or expressed in decimals

=24.23/(1-0.51)

returns

49.44898

which would be

$49.45

using dollars and cents

Peo Sjoblom

"SRedford" wrote in message
If I have the discounted price and the discount percentage that that price
represents, what formula do I use to find out what the original price is?

For example:

The discounted price is $24.23
The discount percentage-from-list that $24.23 represents is 51%
What is the list price?

Thanks!

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

How do I find the original price?

That's not correct

Original price = discounted price / (1-discount rate)

Peo Sjoblom

"SRedford" wrote:

If I have the discounted price and the discount percentage that that
price
represents, what formula do I use to find out what the original price is?

For example:

The discounted price is $24.23
The discount percentage-from-list that $24.23 represents is 51%
What is the list price?

Thanks!

Sheeloo

How do I find the original price?