-   -   Converting text to number - how?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1997-converting-text-number-how.html)

yahoo

Converting text to number - how??

Hi

I have a column of numbers in text format - I need to change them to
number format

When I goto Format -cells to change - it does not work
Is there another way to change?

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

yahoo wrote:
Hi

I have a column of numbers in text format - I need to change them to
number format

When I goto Format -cells to change - it does not work
Is there another way to change?

Thanks

Peo Sjoblom

Format as number of general, copy an empty cell, select all data and do
editpaste special and select add

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"yahoo" wrote:

Hi

I have a column of numbers in text format - I need to change them to
number format

When I goto Format -cells to change - it does not work
Is there another way to change?

Thanks

dlw

You have to make another column and use the formula +value(extcell)