-   -   Short cut key for 'address' line (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/199665-re-short-cut-key-address-line.html)

Mike H

Short cut key for 'address' line

Hi,

I think the closet you get is tapping F2.
But if you go
Tools|Options|Edit
Un-Check 'Edit directly in cell'
OK

Now if you tap F2 the insertion point moves to the formula bar.

Look here for a full list

Mike

"Abi" wrote:

Is there a short cut key available for getting to the 'address' line in
Excel? Don't know what's it's called but it's the line where cell input also
appears (next to fx). I know in Internet Explorer the short cut key is F6,
but that doesn't seem to be the one in Excel.

Abi

Short cut key for 'address' line

Hi Mike and Jarek,
Many thanks for your quick replies. Both helped!