-   -   Question on LABEL Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1995-question-label-range.html)

Sarah Tanembaum

Question on LABEL Range

In a LABEL Range(say that it has 12 elements row-wise), how do one refer
to the 4th elements?

I have this ideas that in a worksheet, I have 12 rows single column
LABELED range called MONTHS, where 1st elements is JAN(that is C6), and
so on, and last element would be DEC(C17).

How do I get the 4th element which will be APR, and put that value in
the different cell using the LABEL reference instead of the absolute
cell location(C9)?

Thanks

Peo Sjoblom

I am not sure I understand your question? You refer to the labels with their
names, so if you want to sum the April row you use

=SUM(Apr)

Otherwise you can use INDEX(MyTable,4,1)

that will return Apr from a table called MyTable

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Sarah Tanembaum" wrote:

In a LABEL Range(say that it has 12 elements row-wise), how do one refer
to the 4th elements?

I have this ideas that in a worksheet, I have 12 rows single column
LABELED range called MONTHS, where 1st elements is JAN(that is C6), and
so on, and last element would be DEC(C17).

How do I get the 4th element which will be APR, and put that value in
the different cell using the LABEL reference instead of the absolute
cell location(C9)?

Thanks

Debra Dalgleish

If the range is named Months, you can use the INDEX function to get the
fourth item. For example: =INDEX(Months,4)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List