-   -   why are my excel docs being converted when I email them? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/199343-why-my-excel-docs-being-converted-when-i-email-them.html)

ndepippo

why are my excel docs being converted when I email them?

I'm on excel 2003 and just recently when I emailed a file to others, they
received it as a .dat file (a four letter extension) and could not open it?
What's up?

Dave Peterson

why are my excel docs being converted when I email them?

From a post by Gord Dibben:

Ask the sender to change to "plain text" before sending. RTF will screw up an
Excel file.

--

Dave Peterson