-   -   Font Case in Excel-HELP!!!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/199222-font-case-excel-help.html)

Kristibaer

Font Case in Excel-HELP!!!!

Is there a way to change the font case in Excel to all caps or all lower
case? I need to sort a column and have mixed fonts that are interferring with
my sort and I do not want to do this in Word.

If not, is there a way to make Excel ignore font setting?

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Font Case in Excel-HELP!!!!

If you do datasort and select options you can remove the
case sensitivity. The default is not case sensitive

Peo Sjoblom

"Kristibaer" wrote in message
Is there a way to change the font case in Excel to all caps or all lower
case? I need to sort a column and have mixed fonts that are interferring
with
my sort and I do not want to do this in Word.

If not, is there a way to make Excel ignore font setting?

AKphidelt

Font Case in Excel-HELP!!!!

You can change to all uppercase by doing

=UPPER(A1)
or lower
=LOWER(A1)

Or you can make everything where it is in the proper text format with

=PROPER(A1)

But remember that you will have to use a formula so you will need to put
this in to another column.

But for some reason I never thought that excel sorted different between caps
and non cap letters.

"Kristibaer" wrote:

Is there a way to change the font case in Excel to all caps or all lower
case? I need to sort a column and have mixed fonts that are interferring with
my sort and I do not want to do this in Word.

If not, is there a way to make Excel ignore font setting?

Gaurav[_3_]

Font Case in Excel-HELP!!!!

=UPPER(A1)

=LOWER(A1)

=PROPER(A1)

"Kristibaer" wrote in message
Is there a way to change the font case in Excel to all caps or all lower
case? I need to sort a column and have mixed fonts that are interferring
with
my sort and I do not want to do this in Word.

If not, is there a way to make Excel ignore font setting?

Kristibaer

Font Case in Excel-HELP!!!!

For some reason it is with the data I downloaded from Access. :o

Thanks!

"Kristibaer" wrote:

Is there a way to change the font case in Excel to all caps or all lower
case? I need to sort a column and have mixed fonts that are interferring with
my sort and I do not want to do this in Word.

If not, is there a way to make Excel ignore font setting?

Matt

Font Case in Excel-HELP!!!!

This doesn't work. Formula not recognized.

"Kristibaer" wrote:

Is there a way to change the font case in Excel to all caps or all lower
case? I need to sort a column and have mixed fonts that are interferring with
my sort and I do not want to do this in Word.

If not, is there a way to make Excel ignore font setting?

Gord Dibben

Font Case in Excel-HELP!!!!

"This" being what?

Did you try =UPPER(cellref) or =LOWER(cellref) in helper cells?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP