-   -   Pie Chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/19906-pie-chart.html)

Dahlman

Pie Chart

I have a column titled "On time" the entries underneath this title are
either"Yes", "NO", or "NOT COMPLETED". I want to create a pie chart with the
percentages of Yes and NO.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Jane

In one cell, use the formula =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"=YES"). In another,
=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"=NO"). Build your graph from the results of those two
cells.

Hope this helps.

Jane

"Dahlman" wrote:

I have a column titled "On time" the entries underneath this title are
either"Yes", "NO", or "NOT COMPLETED". I want to create a pie chart with the
percentages of Yes and NO.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Dahlman

I don't understand. this is what my sheet looks like:

Project Name Sheduled Date Completed Date On time

blah blah 2/28/05 2/28/05 Yes
bling blah 3/5/05 3/6/05 No

and so on...
My on time column is a formula. I need to create the chart based on what I'm
getting in that column.

Debra Dalgleish

You could create a pivot table to summarize the data, and create a chart
from the pivot table results.

There are instructions for pivot tables in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier
has information and links:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Jane

You'll need to create total rows somewhere -- at the bottom or top of your
current spreadsheet or on a new sheet. The pie can't count yeses and nos.
It can only graph based on an inputted number.

So, at the bottom of the rows of data, you should have a total row for yeses
and one for nos, using the formulas I listed earlier.

"Dahlman" wrote:

I don't understand. this is what my sheet looks like:

Project Name Sheduled Date Completed Date On time

blah blah 2/28/05 2/28/05 Yes
bling blah 3/5/05 3/6/05 No

and so on...
My on time column is a formula. I need to create the chart based on what I'm
getting in that column.

Dahlman

Thanks again Jane. You've helped me twice tonight. I appreciate it.