-   -   Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/199014-help.html)

Vanessa

Help

I used to use F4 for locking the cell or in other words it used to put $45$
around the number so it would not change as you copied it down a range of
cells. Now it does printing. How do you change what function does what?
Cannot find this anywhere...
Thanks...

Storm

Help

Most newer keyboards now have dual or even triple functions for each key.
Chances are, somewhere on your keyboard, you have a button called "F Lock".
Try looking for that and press it once. You most likely have it unlocked and
so it is using the other function for it.

Goodluck.

PS: The term is absolute reference (where there are the $$ signs)

Storm