-   -   General question about 2003 and 2007 VBA in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/198986-general-question-about-2003-2007-vba-excel.html)

Stockwell43

General question about 2003 and 2007 VBA in Excel

I am currently using Excel 2003. I noticed in buying various book regarding
the setup and coding it pretty much the same from 2000 - 2003. However, I
have purchase Office 2007 and by reading the forum that 2003
and 2007 and are like night and day (for the most part). My question is this:

Before I start buying a bunch of 2007 books, will it be necessary to buy
books referring to VBA or is the VBA coding that's used for 2003 the same for
2007? I ask this because I have books showing how to code for example "If"
statements. So would I code and "If" statement the same way in 2007? I hope
this is not going to be like learning all over again. :o)

I know my question may seem like a bit simple but, I just to make sure I
know what books I need and which ones I can still use before building another
library. :o)

Thanks!!

Don Guillett

General question about 2003 and 2007 VBA in Excel

Most 2003 code should work in 2007 but not all from 2007 will be backwards
compatible. If in doubt for various versions, use 2003 code

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Stockwell43" wrote in message
[...]