-   -   Excel 2003 List Syn with Sharepoint (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/198855-excel-2003-list-syn-sharepoint.html)

RobM

Excel 2003 List Syn with Sharepoint

Hi

We have a list on a sharepoint site, We need to be able to sync a single
column of an excel document to this list, we have got it all working
(seemingly) fine, however, it will quite often request the resolution of
conflicts that don't actually exist, the column is simply dates so it should
be simple enough and once the whole list has been sync'd and I have said
'retry all my changes' - it will then sync again right after with no further
errors, however quite often it will simply bring up two identical values and
ask which one we want to keep?

Is there a reason for this, or a way to prevent it, as we need to make the
synchronization as 'hands off' as possible for the people who will be using
it, true conflicts are obviously not a problem, as this behavoir is expected,
however we don't really want to have to confirm 'no changes'

Many thanks