-   -   conditional formatting text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/198780-conditional-formatting-text.html)

Jo

conditional formatting text

I want to format cells which START WITH the letter "W", regardless of what
else is in the cell.

Peo Sjoblom

conditional formatting text

Use formula is and

=LEFT(TRIM(A1))="W"

Peo Sjoblom

"Jo" wrote in message
I want to format cells which START WITH the letter "W", regardless of what
else is in the cell.

Barb Reinhardt

conditional formatting text

In the conditional format formula, put something like this

=LEFT(A1,1)="W"

Replace A1 with the cell address of interest.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Jo" wrote:

I want to format cells which START WITH the letter "W", regardless of what
else is in the cell.

Jo

conditional formatting text

Thank you Peo.

I entered it in conditional formatting but it didn't work. I tried both the
'cell value' and 'formula' options. How can I apply it?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Use formula is and

=LEFT(TRIM(A1))="W"

Peo Sjoblom