-   -   Counting occurrences (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/198744-counting-occurrences.html)

GARY

Counting occurrences

How can I determine how many equal (=) signs are in my spreadsheet?

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Counting occurrences

ONE way, if you're really counting formulas is to use Edit/Replace, replacing
= with x=. Excel will tell you how many it replaced. Then replace X= with =
to restore it!

"GARY" wrote:

How can I determine how many equal (=) signs are in my spreadsheet?

StumpedAgain

Counting occurrences

oops... I see your earlier post now....
--
-SA

"GARY" wrote:

How can I determine how many equal (=) signs are in my spreadsheet?

StumpedAgain

Counting occurrences

Run this macro. It'll tell you the number of "=" you have in the active
spreadsheet. Hope this helps!

Sub equalnumber()

Dim i As Integer
Dim cell As Range

i = 0

For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange

If cell.Formula Like "*=*" Then i = i + 1

Next cell

MsgBox ("There are " & i & " occurences of = in this worksheet")

-SA