-   -   Word Pad to Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/198734-word-pad-excel.html)

pulling my hair out

Word Pad to Excel

I have a word pad document that I repeatedly place into excel (copy + paste)
and go through the steps of text-to-coulms, formatting the clomns, page
set-up, etc... Is there a way to create a template and apply it to the data
that is pasted into excel so it is always has the same column widths, page
set-up, formats, etc...?

Thanks

Bob I

Word Pad to Excel

Record a macro?

pulling my hair out wrote:

I have a word pad document that I repeatedly place into excel (copy + paste)
and go through the steps of text-to-coulms, formatting the clomns, page
set-up, etc... Is there a way to create a template and apply it to the data
that is pasted into excel so it is always has the same column widths, page
set-up, formats, etc...?

Thanks

James Silverton[_3_]

Word Pad to Excel

Bob wrote on Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:33:45 -0500:

pulling my hair out wrote:

I have a word pad document that I repeatedly place into excel
(copy + paste) and go through the steps of text-to-coulms,
formatting the clomns, page set-up, etc... Is there a way to
create a template and apply it to the data that is pasted
into excel so it is always has the same column widths, page
set-up, formats, etc...?

Thanks

Record a macro?

It's not that hard to record a macro as you say and, even if does not
work perfectly the first time, a little editing will usually fix it. The
OP may not be aware that a lot of pros. use the record and edit method
in MS Word.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland