-   -   Lost highlighting sum tool in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/198416-lost-highlighting-sum-tool-excel.html)

Eric

Lost highlighting sum tool in excel

Hi,
I accidentally turned off the feature that sums together the numbers you
are highlighting and displays the total in the bottom left hand side of the
screen. Does anyone know how to turn this function back on? Thanks!

Jim Thomlinson

Lost highlighting sum tool in excel

Locate the status bar at the bottom of the XL screen (Ready will normally be
displayed in the left hand side). Right click the right hand side of the
status bar and select Sum.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Eric" wrote:

Hi,
I accidentally turned off the feature that sums together the numbers you
are highlighting and displays the total in the bottom left hand side of the
screen. Does anyone know how to turn this function back on? Thanks!

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Lost highlighting sum tool in excel

Right-click the statusbar, where you usually see the Sum. Re-select Sum.