-   -   Linking Pivot Table data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/198409-linking-pivot-table-data.html)

culbie

Linking Pivot Table data

How can I link the data in a pivot table to the data?

i have data in one sheet and i made a pivot table on another sheet. When i
updat the data (i am not adding rows or columns - just changeing the contant
of the cells) the new data does not show up in the pivot table.

Ken Wright

Linking Pivot Table data

Right Click on PT and choose "Refresh".

It is not a link such as a formula will give you and needs to be refreshed
anytime you update the source data

Regards
Ken...........................

"culbie" wrote in message
How can I link the data in a pivot table to the data?

i have data in one sheet and i made a pivot table on another sheet. When i
updat the data (i am not adding rows or columns - just changeing the
contant
of the cells) the new data does not show up in the pivot table.

culbie

Linking Pivot Table data

Thank you

I posted the second time because of my typo in the Subject line.

"culbie" wrote in message
How can I link the data in a pivot table to the data?

i have data in one sheet and i made a pivot table on another sheet. When i
updat the data (i am not adding rows or columns - just changeing the
contant
of the cells) the new data does not show up in the pivot table.

Ken Wright

Linking Pivot Table data

No problem - most people on here will understand what you mean :-)

Regards