-   -   How do I create a hyperlink in Excel on specific words in cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/198343-how-do-i-create-hyperlink-excel-specific-words-cells.html)

Paul Rushton

How do I create a hyperlink in Excel on specific words in cells?

I know how to create a hyperlink in excel which means you can click anywhere
in the cell but I want to be able to link to a document from a specific word
(i.e so the whole box doesn't change to blue). There may also be the need to
create several hyperlinks in the same cell to different documents.

Nikhil

How do I create a hyperlink in Excel on specific words in cells?

I think you cannot create a hyperlink on specific words in cell. It is for
entire cell.

Nikhil

"Paul Rushton" wrote:

I know how to create a hyperlink in excel which means you can click anywhere
in the cell but I want to be able to link to a document from a specific word
(i.e so the whole box doesn't change to blue). There may also be the need to
create several hyperlinks in the same cell to different documents.

Dave Peterson

How do I create a hyperlink in Excel on specific words in cells?

You could cheat.

You could add multiple rectangles from the Drawing toolbar (hide the borders!)
and assign a different hyperlink to each of those rectangles.

--

Dave Peterson