-   -   Find Text (Lower or Upper Case) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/198342-find-text-lower-upper-case.html)

[email protected]

Find Text (Lower or Upper Case)

Hi,
Hopefully a quick query. I've got the following formula to check that
we've received approval within a field in excel. I just need to amend
it to allow for either upper or lowercase use of the phrase "DA".

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("DA",(VLOOKUP(Report!$B16,Data!Op enRecordsezBuy,
14,FALSE)))),"X","Y")

So need it to either find "DA", or to find "da". If either of these
exist show Y, else X.

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Al.

Mike H

Find Text (Lower or Upper Case)

Hi,

use SEARCH which isn't case sensitive instead of FIND

Mike

" wrote:

Hi,
Hopefully a quick query. I've got the following formula to check that
we've received approval within a field in excel. I just need to amend
it to allow for either upper or lowercase use of the phrase "DA".

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("DA",(VLOOKUP(Report!$B16,Data!Op enRecordsezBuy,
14,FALSE)))),"X","Y")

So need it to either find "DA", or to find "da". If either of these
exist show Y, else X.

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Al.

dennis

Find Text (Lower or Upper Case)

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("DA",UPPER(VLOOKUP(Report!$B16,Da ta!OpenRecordsezBuy,
14,FALSE)))),"X","Y")

" wrote:

Hi,
Hopefully a quick query. I've got the following formula to check that
we've received approval within a field in excel. I just need to amend
it to allow for either upper or lowercase use of the phrase "DA".

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("DA",(VLOOKUP(Report!$B16,Data!Op enRecordsezBuy,
14,FALSE)))),"X","Y")

So need it to either find "DA", or to find "da". If either of these
exist show Y, else X.

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Al.

[email protected]

Find Text (Lower or Upper Case)

Fantastic. Just tried this and works perfectly.

Cheers, Al.

" wrote:
Hi,
Hopefully a quick query. *I've got the following formula to check that
we've received approval within a field in excel. I just need to amend
it to allow for either upper or lowercase use of the phrase "DA".

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("DA",(VLOOKUP(Report!$B16,Data!Op enRecordsezBuy,
14,FALSE)))),"X","Y")

So need it to either find "DA", or to find "da". *If either of these
exist show Y, else X.

Any help appreciated. *Thanks, Al.- Hide quoted text -

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 02:37:39 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi,
Hopefully a quick query. I've got the following formula to check that
we've received approval within a field in excel. I just need to amend
it to allow for either upper or lowercase use of the phrase "DA".

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("DA",(VLOOKUP(Report!$B16,Data!O penRecordsezBuy,
14,FALSE)))),"X","Y")

So need it to either find "DA", or to find "da". If either of these
exist show Y, else X.

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Al.

If "dA" and "Da" are also acceptable, use SEARCH in place of FIND.
--ron