-   -   Excel Hangs forever recalculating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/198130-excel-hangs-forever-recalculating.html)

Ray S.

Excel Hangs forever recalculating

Every time I open an Excel worksheet it hangs like forever recalculating
cells. Can I avoid that problem?

M Kan

Excel Hangs forever recalculating

One thing you can do is go into Tools:Options:Calculations:Manual. This
would let you control when your sheet recalculates.

Some additional information on how large your data set is, how many records
exist, and how complex your calculations are would help us determine if there
are other things going on.
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

"Ray S." wrote:

Every time I open an Excel worksheet it hangs like forever recalculating
cells. Can I avoid that problem?

Ray S.

Excel Hangs forever recalculating

Almost all my spreadsheets are very large, contain thousands of records, and
many cells involve formulas and lookups. It just seems to take forever to
re-calculate. Whenever I can, I'll turn off the automatic re-calculation, or
I'll be all afternoon waiting.