-   -   Logic within combo boxes? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197968-logic-within-combo-boxes.html)

Lisa

Logic within combo boxes?

Is it possible to have a selection from a combo box effect other combo boxes
in a worksheet?

I am trying to create a worksheet (in Excel, since I do not have Access)
that if I select a choice from a drop-down that would effect the options of
the other drop-downs.

Lisa

M Kan

Logic within combo boxes?

you could set up a separate list to drive your other input boxes and then use
a CHOOSE function, linking the choice from the first drop down to dynamically
change the input range for the second combo box
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

"Lisa" wrote:

Is it possible to have a selection from a combo box effect other combo boxes
in a worksheet?

I am trying to create a worksheet (in Excel, since I do not have Access)
that if I select a choice from a drop-down that would effect the options of
the other drop-downs.

Lisa

Lisa

Logic within combo boxes?

M Kan thanks for the link. Very helpful site, however, I think I might be in
over my head here. I do want to learn though.

I can see why you would recommend the CHOOSE function, however, can I do
that with a drop down list? Also, is it possible to choose from another drop
down list not just single cell? I'm not sure how to set that up.

Thanks again.