-   -   Printing Excel in PDF format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197964-printing-excel-pdf-format.html)

[email protected]

Printing Excel in PDF format

I use windows XP and have microsoft office 2000 premium. I recently installed
Adobe Acrobat v.6 but could not install a printer. I downloaded Bullzip and
it works on every office application. However, when I try to print an excel
doc with macros to pdf I get this error message "microsoft excel for windows
has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience" Is
it the fault of excel or do I need some kind of add in or microsoft fix?

Bob I

Printing Excel in PDF format

Please don't multi post. Try removing Bullzip.

wrote:

I use windows XP and have microsoft office 2000 premium. I recently installed
Adobe Acrobat v.6 but could not install a printer. I downloaded Bullzip and
it works on every office application. However, when I try to print an excel
doc with macros to pdf I get this error message "microsoft excel for windows
has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience" Is
it the fault of excel or do I need some kind of add in or microsoft fix?

JLatham

Printing Excel in PDF format

Unless you got Adobe Acrobat Professional, you didn't get a .pdf printer.
One of the best free ones (no cost, no limits, no adware, no spyware) is from
SourceForge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
Just install it and it becomes another printer in your printers list, but
it's a virtual printer and prints to a .pdf file.

As for the error message, unless there's something super special you need
with/in Bullzip (I have no knowledge of the product), I'd do as Bob I
suggested: uninstall it and see if the problem goes away or not.

" wrote:

I use windows XP and have microsoft office 2000 premium. I recently installed
Adobe Acrobat v.6 but could not install a printer. I downloaded Bullzip and
it works on every office application. However, when I try to print an excel
doc with macros to pdf I get this error message "microsoft excel for windows
has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience" Is
it the fault of excel or do I need some kind of add in or microsoft fix?

[email protected]

Printing Excel in PDF format

I didn't mean to multi-post and I apologize for that. I removed Bullzip and
installed the pdf creator from source forge. I'm still getting the same error
but tried to look up the cause and found this:

AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2719 ModName: excel.exe
ModVer: 9.0.0.2719 Offset: 000f5807

Does that help any?

" wrote:

I use windows XP and have microsoft office 2000 premium. I recently installed
Adobe Acrobat v.6 but could not install a printer. I downloaded Bullzip and
it works on every office application. However, when I try to print an excel
doc with macros to pdf I get this error message "microsoft excel for windows
has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience" Is
it the fault of excel or do I need some kind of add in or microsoft fix?

JLatham

Printing Excel in PDF format

Unfortunately it doesn't mean much to me - but that doesn't mean it doesn't
or might not to someone else.

My rather drastic recommendation at this point is to try to do a repair
install from the source disks, and if that fails to cure the problem, then
the even more invasive process of uninstall and re-install may be required to
clear it up. Keep an eye around in your other postings for possible less
drastic 'solutions'. Good luck.

" wrote:

I use windows XP and have microsoft office 2000 premium. I recently installed
Adobe Acrobat v.6 but could not install a printer. I downloaded Bullzip and
it works on every office application. However, when I try to print an excel
doc with macros to pdf I get this error message "microsoft excel for windows
has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience" Is
it the fault of excel or do I need some kind of add in or microsoft fix?

[email protected]

Printing Excel in PDF format

Unfortunately, I got office off of our network and our IT person said she
deleted it some time ago. Thanks anyway though.

" wrote:

I use windows XP and have microsoft office 2000 premium. I recently installed
Adobe Acrobat v.6 but could not install a printer. I downloaded Bullzip and
it works on every office application. However, when I try to print an excel
doc with macros to pdf I get this error message "microsoft excel for windows
has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience" Is
it the fault of excel or do I need some kind of add in or microsoft fix?

JLatham

Printing Excel in PDF format

Ask you IT person "isn't that what backups are for?" Although they may not
keep backups as long as we do where I work. Do they have something later
that you could install such as Office/Excel XP (2002) or Office/Excel 2003?
The interfaces and functionality are pretty much completely compatible with
2000, as are the file formats of the .xls files.