-   -   DATA VALIDATION (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197940-data-validation.html)

William

DATA VALIDATION

xp/2003

I am trying to specify that fields in a column can only accept an entry
between 03 and 83 and that each entry have two and only two numbers (03-83,
in other words). The entries can be either number or text format.

I can't find the combination of cell format and data validation that allows
this.

Ideas?
--
William

Per Jessen

DATA VALIDATION

Hi

Data Validation Allow: "Whole number" Data: "Between" Minimum: 3
Maximum: 83 Ok

Format Number Custom Type : ##00 Ok

Apply theese to the cells desired.

Regards,
Per

"William" skrev i meddelelsen
xp/2003

I am trying to specify that fields in a column can only accept an entry
between 03 and 83 and that each entry have two and only two numbers
(03-83,
in other words). The entries can be either number or text format.

I can't find the combination of cell format and data validation that
allows
this.

Ideas?
--
William

John C[_2_]

DATA VALIDATION

Format the cell, custom number format as 00 (I am assuming you always want
the preceding 0 to be shown for 03-09.
Data|Validation
Allow: Whole Number
Data: Between
Minimum: 3
Maximum: 83

Hope this helps.

--
John C

"William" wrote:

xp/2003

I am trying to specify that fields in a column can only accept an entry
between 03 and 83 and that each entry have two and only two numbers (03-83,
in other words). The entries can be either number or text format.

I can't find the combination of cell format and data validation that allows
this.

Ideas?
--
William