-   -   Formula for serial number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197607-formula-serial-number.html)

Vidya

Formula for serial number

Hi,

My question is pretty basic I think but I'm stuck for a while and need help.
I am importing an excel sheet (saved as a web page) to a sharepoint list. My
excel sheet has a formula for one of the colums called serial number. The
formula is pretty simple (It starts with 1 and adds 1 to the subsequent
rows). When I exported I made it as a text. Now, I want the samething to
happen with sharepoint as well. When I add a new row to a sharepoint list, I
want the number to be incremented by 1 to the existing list or delete 1 if an
item is deleted.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.