-   -   Lock reference cells for links within workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197548-lock-reference-cells-links-within-workbooks.html)

Teacher Help

Lock reference cells for links within workbooks

How do I lock the source cell when creating a link within worksheets? Right
now the cell changes if I insert cells, and i want the cell reference number
to always remain the same, so the cell linked to it changes as I change the
linked cell.

Pete_UK

Lock reference cells for links within workbooks

You can use the INDIRECT formula, like this:

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!B12")

to get data from cell B12 of Sheet1, for example. This will always get
the data from that cell, even if you insert or delete rows or columns
in Sheet1.

Hope ths helps.

Pete