-   -   Macro For Saving As .txt (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197480-macro-saving-txt.html)

Jshendel

Macro For Saving As .txt

I want to have a macro in my Personal Macro Workbook where I can save a .xls
file as a .txt (tab-delimited) where I can type in a new name. Please help.
Thanks,
Josh

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Macro For Saving As .txt

Sub SaveAsTxt()
Dim Ans As String
Ans = Application.GetSaveAsFilename("", "text files, *.Txt")
If Ans < "False" Then ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Ans
End Sub