-   -   How do I calculate profit per hour in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197420-how-do-i-calculate-profit-per-hour-excel.html)

Excel calculations

How do I calculate profit per hour in excel?

I am tracking money I make because it varies on a daily basis. I have
beginning balance of a certain time and ending balance of another time. I
have a column for profit/loss. Also I keep track of the starting time and
ending time. I have the total time worked. With this information, how do i
calculate profit per hour?

T. Valko

How do I calculate profit per hour in excel?

The general formula would be:

(end bal - start bal) / total time worked

Is your total time worked in a time format (8:00) or a decimal format (8.0)
?

If it's in decimal format (8.0):

A1 = start balance
B1 = end balance
C1 = total time worked

=(B1-A1)/C1

You might want to round to 2 decimal places:

=ROUND((B1-A1)/C1,2)

If your total time worked in a time format (8:00):

=(B1-A1)/(C1*24)

You might have to format that one as General or Number

=ROUND((B1-A1)/(C1*24),2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP